Service Location Codes
As of April 1, 2021, the Ministry of Health is making changes to the usage of Service Location Codes (SLC) for claims submission, in order to collect more detailed data about treatment locations. As a result, the codes for service locations will be changing in Teleplan.
SLC to be discontinued and replaced:
- (A) Practitioner’s Office – In Community
New Location Codes:
- (B) Community Health Centre
- (J) First Nations Primary Health Care Clinic
- (K) Hybrid Primary Care Practice (part-time longitudinal practice, part-time walk-in clinic)
- (L) Longitudinal Primary Care Practice (e.g. GP family practice or PCN clinic)
- (N) Health Care Practitioner Office (non-physician)
- (Q) Specialist Physician Office
- (U) Urgent and Primary Care Centre
- (W) Walk-In Clinic
This change will be phased in over a six-month period, beginning April 1, 2021, and ending September 30, 2021. During the phase-in period, SLC (A) Practitioner’s Office will continue to be valid. As of October 1, 2021, claims submitted with this code will not be accepted.